Maths – week beginning 27th April

Counting in groups:

Lesson 1: Counting in 10’s: Click on this link to watch a video. Find week 2, lesson 2 video. 

The video shows you how to count groups of 10 objects.

Activity: You might do the activity sheet from the website (you can tell an adult your answers).

OR:   Use some pots to make groups of 10. I used 10 pieces of pasta in each pot. Look at my pictures. Count in 10’s to see how many piece of pasta I have.  Can you make some different numbers in groups of 10? You could also count 10p coins. Each coin is worth 10 pence so you count them in 10’s.

Lesson 2: Making equal groups: 

Today we are putting objects into equal groups. Watch this video from week 2 lesson 3.

Can you get some objects and split them into equal groups. You could take some sweets, some coins, your toys, etc.

You can draw pictures of your groups and write some sentences like this:           There are 4 equal groups of 3  OR there are 5 equal groups of 2.

What different sets of equal groups can you make? Always check your groups are equal!!

Lesson 3: Adding equal groups together to find the total. 

This video from week 2 lesson 4 shows how to add equal groups together.

Here I have 3 equal groups of 10.    I can write this as 10 + 10 + 10.

If I count all my pieces of pasta, or if I count in 10s then I have 30 pieces of pasta altogether. (10, 20, 30)

Can you make 3 equal groups of 4? How many have you got altogether? ( you might need to count all the pasta out).

Can you make  5 groups of 2? How many have you got altogether? (Can you count in 2s?)

Can you make 4 groups of 5? How many have you got altogether? (Can you count in 5’s?)

This entry was posted in Maths, News. Bookmark the permalink.