Animal Bodies

There are lots of different types of animals. Some parts of their bodies are like yours, and some are quite different. Look at these animals. What parts of their bodies are the same as yours? What parts are different?

They all have legs and eyes like we do, but they also have claws and a tail. The robin has a beak and feathers, the cat has fur and whiskers and the crocodile has scaly skin.

Can you make some pictures of your favourite animals using your art packs? Add labels to your animals to name the different parts of their bodies using the work bank.

Ask a grown up to email a photo of your animals to the year 1 teacher email address – we would love to see your work!

Guess my animal game: 

Think of an animal. Can you give your partner clues about the animal so they can guess what animal it is?

Can you guess what animal I am thinking of? My animal is very big. It has 4 legs. It has 2 big ears and 2 small eyes. My animal is covered in thick, grey skin. My animal has a very long nose called a trunk.

This entry was posted in News, Science. Bookmark the permalink.